This post may contain affiliate links from iherb.com and other companies, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support.
Christmas season has arrived and with it a lot of sweet treats and these Sugar Free Snowball Truffles are perfect. These truffles recipe has only seven ingredients, are easy to make and no-bake time.
Last Christmas I came across a bunch of truffles recipes, the ones you need to have leftovers cake to make them. In fact, I don’t usually have a cake around my kitchen. What I do have is chocolate, dark or white, well normally more dark than white. Also, I have Cranberries and Pistachios in my pantry all year round.
These Cranberry and Pistachio White Chocolate Sugar Free Snowball Truffles are incredibly tasty! Tart cranberries that cut out the sweetness of white chocolate and pistachio make them really indulgent and rich. They are a perfect combination of flavours and colours for Christmas.
So, as I was saying I make these White Chocolate Snowball Truffles and give them as Christmas presents to friends and family. Everyone loves them that is why I will be making them now every Christmas. They work as a dessert pairing them with other sweets or as a gift idea.
Let’s talk about ingredients
The pistachios and sugar free dried cranberries are the perfect combinations for this time of the year. Nutty and fruity flavours that combine with the sweet white chocolate will melt into your mouth wanting to have more and more. Why not? It’s Christmas a time to indulge yourself with little treats like these.
If you want to lower down the calories try to find sugar-free white chocolate or make it yourself. I did my sugar-free dried cranberries so the level of sugar is not sky-high, also I made my sugar free white chocolate.
Tips when making these White Chocolate Sugar Free Snowball Truffles
When you’re rolling the truffles, use latex gloves to avoid getting them stuck and melted on your hands. It would really help if your hands are cold.
You can use any type of desiccated/shredded coconut here, but I prefer using unsweetened to decrease a bit the sugar content.
When melting the white chocolate, I suggest doing it slowly to prevent it from burning up. If using a microwave do it 30 seconds at a time, you also can use a double boiler, white chocolate can be pretty temperamental.
In fact, white chocolate has a lower burning point so can overheat very quickly, resulting in a lumpy, grainy mess. Use a plastic bowl for the microwave, metal or glass for the double boiler.
Ok. We are all set. Let’s get started on it.
WANT MORE HOLIDAY RECIPES?
Sugar free dried Cranberries
Healthy Cranberry Sauce
Apple Crumble Pie
Pumpkin Bread Copycat Starbucks
Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Christmas Cake Donuts
Protein Pumpkin Levain Cookies
Sugar Free Gingerbread Cookies
Hope you enjoy my recipe and give it a go, snap a picture tag me on Instagram @ikarlina_l #ikarolina_l so I can see it. Also, I am on Pinterest iKarolinaL and Facebook ikarolinal . It will make my day.
Share this recipe for White Chocolate Snowball Truffles on social media
This is my recipe for White Chocolate Snowball Truffles. If you like the recipe then consider sharing it with other White Chocolate lovers on social media.
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO WHITE CHOCOLATE SNOWBALL TRUFFLESCourse: Dessert, RecipesCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
Delicious sugar-free snowball truffles great for the Christmas season or any time, with cranberries and pistachios the perfect combination for the Holiday.
150g White chocolate (look for a dairy-free option for non-dairy version)
35g Butter (swap to a non-dairy butter for dairy-free version)
30g heavy cream (swap to coconut cream for dairy-free version)
1 tbsp Pistachio nuts crushed and small tiny pieces
1 tbsp Sugar Free Dried Cranberries cut into tiny pieces
Zest of a Clementine
150g white chocolate and desiccated coconut for decoration
- Over a double boiler melt finely chopped white chocolate, stirring casually until smooth and completely melted. But DO NOT overheat the chocolate!!! Although, it takes some time to melt completely, but do not heat above 105F or the chocolate will separate and be unusable (if touched with a finger, it will feel about the same temperature as your body). You can use your microwave as well heat the chocolate 30 seconds at a time until fully melted. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat add the heavy cream and the butter to melt, until bubbles start to appear on the surface.
- Now we pour the double cream mixture over the melted white chocolate, now you will see how they kind of separate a bit, no worries, this is perfectly normal, keep mixing together with your spatula, everything will come completely combine.
- Bring the mixture to the fridge for 15-20 minutes to cool down.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl chopped very tiny the cranberries and pistachios, this step will help you roll nice tight small snowball truffles. Then add the zest of one clementine to the same bowl.
- Now take the white chocolate mixture from the fridge. Still, it will have that weird curdle separated look, no worries, now grab a whisk and start whisking. This will add a lot of nice lightness to it and will become smooth and light after a couple of minutes.
- It is time to add the dry fruit mixture, stir with a spatula until all bits are nice and evenly distributed. Then transfer the mixture to a container with a lid.
- Place in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours (until firm).
- Line up a plate with parchment paper.
- Put on some latex gloves, and take the truffle mixture from the fridge.
- Using a small spoon or a melon baller scoop out the mixture and roll it into an inch ball. It might stick to your hands, so it is fine that is why you have the gloves on. Also, prevent your warm hand from melting the white chocolate mixture.
- Place all the small balls on the prepared plate and transfer them to the fridge for 30 – 60 minutes to set.
- When the time mark is close to the end, it is time to decorate the truffles, pour on a bowl of desiccated coconut and in a separate bowl melt white chocolate. Now with the help of two forks roll around each truffle into white melted chocolate and follow with the desiccated coconut (optional) just while the bowl until the truffle is fully coated. Place on a wire rack to set.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for longer storage.
20 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories125
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 1mg 1%
- Potassium 5mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.